Inspired by the fabulous food writer Anna Jones: a quick ibbi lunch in the sun today: avocado mash (of course served in prettiest ibbi ceramic bowl) with lemon juice, salt & pepper. To be piled on sourdough toast and topped with fresh tomatoes, rocket, balsamic vin and olive oil. Yum…
We foodies at ibbi are always on the look out for inspirational ideas on what to gobble next. And some moons ago our fellow ibbi co-founder Anna heard about the amazing stylist and food writer Anna Jones…and now at ibbi we’re all totally hooked. Anna Jones believes vegetables are essential and should sit at the centre of every table. And her recipes, packed with grains, nuts, seeds and seasonal vegetables, are healthier and lighter (on both body and pocket) than those of many other writers too. She makes you want to eat veggie, even if you’re not vegetarian. It’s exciting, vibrant food. Discover more at http://www.annajones.co.uk and have a look at we_are_food on Instagram or treat yourself to her fabulous book: ‘A Modern Way To Cook’. We love it!
You know how much at ibbi we love the hand crafted, the unique, the unusual and the eclectic. And there’s nothing we love more than our ceramic collections from South Africa. Inspired by the spectacular surrounding birdlife and vibrant indigenous flora of Cape Town, our favourite pottery there is constantly creating new hand painted collections for us. The ceramic pieces, bursting with texture and colour are created by a skilled team of artists, each with their own very individual style. We’d like to introduce you to Franklin Tamana, pictured here, whose turquoise Tembise pudding bowls have been flying off the ibbi shelves this summer.
The school year has already finished for some and will soon be coming to an end for all. So if you’re looking for gift ideas for teachers you’d like to say thank you to, then perhaps we can help. Whether it’s beautiful, cutesy or spectacularly colourful presents you’re on the hunt for, we’ve a selection of goodies that might just appeal:
1. South African ceramic bowls: each one unique and beautifully hand painted in vibrant colours. Great for al fresco dining and perfect for all manner of nibbles. From £11 plus p&p.
2. Flamingo watering cans: bright and cutesy! And isn’t watering plants the perfect therapy for any teacher after a year of maths, medieval history or far too many months spent with the periodic table. Comes in cheery fish shape too. £14.50 plus p&p.
3. You’re a Shining Star Photo Frames: we love these hand crafted bone inlay frames. And make sure your teacher doesn’t miss you this summer by including a fabulous picture of yourself too! From £24 plus p&p
4. Elephant Hooks: they’re fun and fabulously colourful and will help make finding those ever illusive house or car keys a thing of the past. One thing less in life to stress about for just £4.50 plus p&p
5. Candles: isn’t everything better by candlelight…and our candles come in a great variety of summer shades. £2 each. We’ve terracotta potted candles too (unscented or Indian Basil scented). £4 each (p&p applies to all)