It may be essential for energy, health and a lifetime of happiness but getting a good night’s sleep is easier said than done. When it comes to proper shut eye, we all know we’re supposed get plenty of good sleep and avoid snoozing, but sadly for most of us it’s not always easy.. and often, the harder you try to still your mind and count the sheep, the worse it gets. So read on: perhaps some, or all of the following, may just help you get a better night’s sleep:
- Sniff lavender: the calming scent will help you relax and bring on the zzzzzs by decreasing your heart rate and your blood pressure. And keep it dark: if your bedroom’s not a pitch black place then find a comfortable eye mask and block out any annoying light
- Limit your caffeine intake after 3pm and if you can, steer well clear of it after 12. Easier said than done!
- Eat 3 hours before you plan to head to bed. Sleep’s not easy if you’re too full or too hungry
- Meditate: still your mind, switch off your brain
- Switch off your screens too: no phones, no laptops. Light emitting from screens apparently can disrupt the production of melatonin and ruin your sleep
- Exercise: it will definitely help you sleep more soundly
- Read a good book to still your mind: let your brain know it’s time to unwind
- De stress, stretch out, try some yoga or simply try some progressive muscle relaxation once you’re tucked up in bed: clench your muscles for a few seconds then relax. Start at your toes and work your way up!
- Keep fluffy pets out of the bedroom..not easy for some..but the fewer late night disturbances the better..
- Last but not least: have a hot bath before bed: raise your body temperature a degree or two and then keep your bedroom cool (around 60 degrees is ideal). Throw the window open, keep your hands and feet warm (wear socks if necessary) and keep the bedding light. A cotton sheet and a cotton quilt is great..it keeps you more comfortable and feels fabulous against your skin too.
Sleep well… And Happy Valentines Day!
All ibbi pure Indian cotton hand block printed quilts and throws are now 25% off until Sunday 19th February 2017.
ibbi block printed eye masks arrive this Spring.