A rather belated Happy New Year! and welcome to our first blog of 2017. It’s been an exciting start to our year and we’re already on the hunt for more beautiful, colourful, whimsical products to add to our affordable homeware ranges. We’re excited to have just launched our new website too and we really hope you find it an inviting, fun place to spend some time happily browsing..
Last weekend we were thrilled to see Eleanor Doughty’s fabulous article in the Sunday Telegraph (15th January) about ibbi and our HQ, Capheaton Hall in the heart of rural Northumberland. The response has been incredible and we’re so pleased so many of you enjoy our colourful curated collections. A particular hit seems to have been our decorative floral metal tennis pots shown here: these we found in Rajasthan and we thought they’d be a great storage solution for busy households. They’re bold and bright and here’s just a few ways we think these really work.
- In the Hallway: to help you get rid of just a little of that inevitable hallway mess. They’re great for walking sticks, tennis racquets, brollies and dog leads. (I’m hopeless at de cluttering but at least this way there’s less to trip over)
- In the Living Room: great fireside, for logs and kindling
- In the Bathroom: a fun, quirky laundry basket that might just encourage your kids to drop their dirty stuff in one place, rather than scattering it across the length and breadth of the house
- In the Conservatory: they’re good for garden tools and all those other outdoor odds and sods that need stashing away
- In any dark corner of your home: as a stand alone ornamental object. A splash of colour is always uplifting, even if you prefer a more neutral colour palette. Surround the pots with bold cacti, big ferns and other leafy greens and create a stunning colourful impact and add some life and style to dull areas of your home.
Any other ideas please share! We love to hear from you.
Now it’s time to get to Paris for the Maison show and then India to see our amazing suppliers and discuss our new collections. We’ll be back in touch again soon..