We’re not the biggest gift givers at ibbi but we do love a Mother’s Day treat! So just in case you’re struggling to find a small something to help you celebrate on March 6th, here’s a few suggestions. We’ve chosen some of our favourite products with interesting stories, all made by artisans in marginalised communities, who we like to support. Read on for a bit of ibbi inspiration..
Why not look at:
- Our hand painted espresso cups: they’re pretty, available in lots of gorgeous colours, have come all the way from South Africa and because they’re hand painted, each is unique. March 6th is definitely the day to ditch the old cracked mug with amusing slogan and serve the first delicious cup of coffee of the day in something seriously pretty!
- Our metal trays: have a look at our amazing quirky metal trays. They’re available in different colours and sizes, they’re fair trade and hand crafted in Morocco, right on the edge of the Sahara. They’re stylish, unique and pretty indestructible too! Pop coffee, hot croissants, the Sunday papers and a small bunch of something handpicked from the garden on to one of these and your perfect start to Mother’s Day will be sorted.
- Our baskets: our beautiful fair trade Kiondo sisal baskets from Kenya are always a hit. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and they’re great for those endless bits and bobs we all seem to have. Ideal for storing veggies, wooden spoons and spatulas in the kitchen, cotton wool balls in the bathroom. house keys, car keys, dog treats. dog leads, waste paper, kindling, endless toiletries..in fact you name it and our baskets will sort it.
- Our hand painted ceramic bottles: they’re perfect for oils or great simply as stand alone decorative accessories. They look stunning when grouped together and will give your window sill, kitchen island or dining table a beautiful splash of colour!
- A framed photo: whether it’s of you, the kids or your beautiful pets, a framed photograph is always special. And as we’re always looking for products with a story we especially love our recycled metal photo frames which have been a firm ibbi favourite since we discovered them last year. Lots of colours and sizes available and they look particularly good grouped together to create a stylish gallery on any wall space. So: wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, have a great day on the 6th and Happy Mother’s Day from us all! And remember, we’ve 20% off until March 6 2016. Simply use the voucher code: mum